WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files with data that are stored via your browser on the hard drive of your computer when you visit a website. For example, certain settings for a website are stored in these files, so that you do not have to set them each time you visit. A unique ID can also be stored, so that a website can, for example, measure how many unique visitors have visited the site, or keep track of which pages you have visited so that other relevant pages can be offered on that basis. Although a cookie can therefore be used to store a unique profile of the user in question, cookies never contain personal information, such as name or address details.
- Saving preferences so that you do not have to reset them every time you visit (such as language choice)
- Keeping track of certain settings or data as you navigate from page to page (such as filter settings or your shopping cart)
- Saving the contents of your shopping cart, so that it is saved for a subsequent visit.
- Saving your login details (if you have activated this in your browser during your first login)
- Remembering entered data, so that you can use it again quickly (if you have activated this functionality in your browser)
- Being able to have a chat conversation with customers who have questions.
- Loading the servers evenly, which keeps the site running fast.
- We use Google Analytics for general statistics, such as page views, unique users, time per page/visit, conversion rate, etc. For completeness, we also refer to Google's privacy statement.
- We use Hotjar to investigate the use of the pages. For completeness, we also refer to Hotjar's privacy statement.
- We use Visual Website Optimizer to run A/B tests. For the sake of completeness, we also refer to the privacy statement of Visual Website Optimizer.
This is done anonymously. No personal information, such as name or address details, is therefore stored or a link is made with your account at Meroda Cosmetics Cookies are also used to link the display of the advertisement to a possible purchase of the product, so that a fee can be paid to the advertising network on the basis of this.
We use the following networks, among others. Click on the network name to view the privacy statement of that network.
- Rakuten / Linkshare
- VE Interactive
A tool has been developed by the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance that allows you to see which advertising networks are tracking information. Here is also the option to unsubscribe your browser from one or more networks. NB: this does not only apply to the Meroda Cosmetics sites, but to all sites that you have visited or will visit. For more information, visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com/nl/
MANAGE COOKIES IN YOUR BROWSER
Via the browser settings on your computer you can delete cookies that have already been placed and refuse the placement of new cookies. The way differs per browser; consult the help function of your browser if necessary.
Below you will find links to the relevant help pages for the most common browsers:
PLEASE NOTE: if you refuse and/or delete cookies, you will not always be able to use all the possibilities of a website. In addition, refusing or deleting cookies only affects the computer and browser on which you perform this action. If you use multiple computers and/or browsers, you must repeat the action(s) as often as necessary.
More information about how we handle your data can be found in our Privacy Statement. It also describes how you can request your data and how you can make use of the right to be forgotten.
Meroda Cosmetics B.V.
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Bosscheweg 40, 5056KC Berkel-Enschot, The Netherlands